You can start collecting the Goods and Services Tax Credit (GST) starting with the first quarterly payment that is issued after you have turned 19. For instance, if your 19th birthday falls in August, your first payment will be issued in October. You must file a tax return for the previous year in order to receive the credit. A student earning less than $8,965 in the previous year will receive a total quarterly credit of $95.87, included the British Columbia Low Income Climate Action Tax credit (BCLICATC).
- Mental Illness and the Disability Tax CreditJanuary 15, 2020 - 8:00 am
- Tax Changes to Come From ElectionJanuary 2, 2020 - 8:00 am
- DID YOU KNOW…December 18, 2019 - 8:00 am
- New Type of Retirement Investment IntroducedDecember 11, 2019 - 8:00 am
- Changes to Guaranteed Income SupplementDecember 2, 2019 - 8:00 am
Why Hire a Professional?
Unlike many other professionals, anyone can call themselves an accountant. The term accountant is not reserved or in any way restricted.
The Kemp Harvey Group is pleased to offer over a century of collective accounting experience. Discover how we can meet your needs with our ability. Click here to see the broad range of services we provide at Kemp Harvey.