You can start collecting the Goods and Services Tax Credit (GST) starting with the first quarterly payment that is issued after you have turned 19. For instance, if your 19th birthday falls in August, your first payment will be issued in October. You must file a tax return for the previous year in order to receive the credit. A student earning less than $8,965 in the previous year will receive a total quarterly credit of $95.87, included the British Columbia Low Income Climate Action Tax credit (BCLICATC).
- TAXATION OF MUNICIPAL ALLOWANCES CHANGING IN 2019February 6, 2019 - 9:00 am
- CANADA PENSION PLAN MODIFICATIONS FOR 2019January 23, 2019 - 9:00 am
- BC SPECULATION AND VACANCY TAX INTRODUCEDJanuary 9, 2019 - 9:00 am
- Provincial Education Credit Eliminated… (Again)December 28, 2018 - 9:00 am
- Short Term Accommodations TaxedDecember 24, 2018 - 9:00 am
Why Hire a Professional?
Unlike many other professionals, anyone can call themselves an accountant. The term accountant is not reserved or in any way restricted.
The Kemp Harvey Group is pleased to offer over a century of collective accounting experience. Discover how we can meet your needs with our ability. Click here to see the broad range of services we provide at Kemp Harvey.