As a senior, you can receive up to $3,500 of wages without affecting the amount you receive from the supplement to Old Age Security. This can be a useful tool to consider if you have a senior who is residing with you and is helping out with your farm or business. This amount would be tax free to the recipient, but could be a tax deduction to the farm or business owner.
- Mental Illness and the Disability Tax CreditJanuary 15, 2020 - 8:00 am
- Tax Changes to Come From ElectionJanuary 2, 2020 - 8:00 am
- DID YOU KNOW…December 18, 2019 - 8:00 am
- New Type of Retirement Investment IntroducedDecember 11, 2019 - 8:00 am
- Changes to Guaranteed Income SupplementDecember 2, 2019 - 8:00 am
Why Hire a Professional?
Unlike many other professionals, anyone can call themselves an accountant. The term accountant is not reserved or in any way restricted.
The Kemp Harvey Group is pleased to offer over a century of collective accounting experience. Discover how we can meet your needs with our ability. Click here to see the broad range of services we provide at Kemp Harvey.