The Canada Revenue Agency pays refund interest to taxpayers on the latest of the following dates: a) the date of the actual overpayment; b) the 120th day after the end of the tax year, if the return for the year was filed on time; or, c) the 30th day after the date the return was filed, if it was filed late.
You might also like
- Mental Illness and the Disability Tax CreditJanuary 15, 2020 - 8:00 am
- Tax Changes to Come From ElectionJanuary 2, 2020 - 8:00 am
- DID YOU KNOW…December 18, 2019 - 8:00 am
- New Type of Retirement Investment IntroducedDecember 11, 2019 - 8:00 am
- Changes to Guaranteed Income SupplementDecember 2, 2019 - 8:00 am
Why Hire a Professional?
Unlike many other professionals, anyone can call themselves an accountant. The term accountant is not reserved or in any way restricted.
The Kemp Harvey Group is pleased to offer over a century of collective accounting experience. Discover how we can meet your needs with our ability. Click here to see the broad range of services we provide at Kemp Harvey.